A bugfix release for Dropboxifier is available. This should help prevent any unintentional loss of data should something go wrong.
- If moving the files fails for any reason, move any moved files back to where they were and remove any linked entry.
- If source link does not exist when undropboxifying, move files to their place anyway.
As per discussion http://dropboxifier.codeplex.com/discussions/265552
Get Dropboxifier from Codeplex
It has been brought to my attention that there is a torrent of Dropboxifier floating around the interwebs. This torrent contains a virus! Specifically, this virus.
Dropboxifier will never, ever, be distributed as a torrent by a third party. Dropboxifier is free software available at Codeplex. There is no reason to torrent it!
The torrent that I saw for Dropboxifier was an installer that put unwanted DLLs on your PC. The current version of Dropboxifier, 0.1.7, is a standalone executable and does not require any installer.
Never trust a torrent. Remain vigilant. Use protection.
A new relatively minor update for Dropboxifier has been released:
– Added link to Dropboxifier homepage
– Update validation on property change instead of on focus lost as to be less annoying
– If there’s an error in the XML, don’t overwrite it
As usual, grab it from Codeplex.
Dropboxifier has been features in a few places!
- TheNextWeb – The Top 10 Best Dropbox Services, Addons and Hacks
- Addictive Tips – Dropboxifier Makes Applications Read / Write Data From Dropbox Automatically
- ghacks – Dropboxifier, Move Folders To Dropbox Without Losing Functionality
I would like to thank these sites for featuring Dropboxifier! 😀
A new version of Dropboxifier, v0.1.5, has been released.
– Fix bug that prevented you from making links across volumes.
– Fix bugs related to empty folders and undropboxifying not properly deleting from Dropbox if deletion box was checked.
As usual, grab it here: http://dropboxifier.codeplex.com/
A new update for Dropboxifier has been released, v0.1.4.
– Don’t try to save if there is no Dropbox folder specified.
– Made the grid easier on the eyes
– One line for each PC entry in the grid
A new version of Dropboxifier, v0.1.3, has been released:
- Fixed some logic related to creating the links file when changing Dropbox directory.
- Added additional column showing what PCs an entry has been resolved on.
- Saves links file on application exit, just in case.
- Properly handling the case for closing the resolve dialog with the Close button (top-right X) opposed to the Cancel button.
- Added exception handling for resolve errors.
As usual, grab it from Codeplex: http://dropboxifier.codeplex.com
I would like to thank everyone who’s tried Dropboxifier so far. Please report any problem you find either here, or on Codeplex.